Richmond, VA (September 15, 2020) – The Elite Clubs National League has officially kicked off the 2020 season with a bold new look reflecting the league’s history of changing the game, its leadership in youth sport, and the exciting future for its players. The 2020 soccer season launches with the nation’s strongest and deepest pool of players, including more than 200 clubs and 47,000 players competing in either The ECNL Club Competition or The ECNL Regional Leagues.
Founded by daring to do things differently, and built by collaboration of like-minded leaders within the sport, The ECNL provides the nation’s top competition and development environment, and an aspirational level for all clubs across the country. The league is the standard-bearer for excellence in youth soccer with a constant focus on creating the best environment possible for players to grow and succeed.
“The ECNL has been one of the primary driving forces helping to make soccer better over the last decade, and as players and teams begin to return to the sport, we are excited to launch a new identity that celebrates the league’s leadership and history while also looking forward to where the sport can go in the future,” said Christian Lavers, President of The ECNL. “Our mission is to make the game better, and in partnership with the fantastic clubs that support our league and work with the players every day, there is no limit to what we can accomplish.”
The New ECNL Identity:
The league’s new identity will inspire excellence and growth in a new generation of players, and represents the leadership, collaborative spirit and innovation that define the league.
- The strong and modern player icon at the center of the badge symbolizes the player’s position at the center of every ECNL program.
- The motion and upward focus of the icon represent the league’s innovative programs and philosophy to constantly change and improve the sport.
- The classic badge shape reflects the league’s strength and history of leadership transforming youth soccer.
- The unique color schemes reflect the modernization of the league, with tailored programming and structure for each gender, but both united under one identity.
- The new league identity captures the symmetry of excellence and humility, exclusivity and accessibility, and freedom and community that is necessary to lead the sport forward.
The development of the new identity was anchored by a guiding philosophy inspired by the league’s founding and past: “Born out of the belief in a better way. Continued in the ever-evolving pursuit of excellence.” This philosophy recognizes the history of the league which has forever changed the sport and captures its foundational mission to Raise the Game for all players. Today, the league also launches a new website, www.theecnl.com, to celebrate and reflect this unified identity, mission and philosophy.
The ECNL in 2020 and Beyond:
With the addition of a Chief Medical Advisor, a Mental Performance Advisor and a growing library of resources to help clubs create better and better development environments, The ECNL is committed to supporting the needs of players, coaches and parents as everyone in sport, particularly through the impacts of COVID-19.
The ECNL is committed to continue its support of programs designed to propel the game. In 2020 The ECNL will:
- Continue to provide education and development services for coaches and directors to grow and improve to help tomorrow’s players be even better.
- Continue to support the advancement of referees to ensure the future infrastructure of the game remains prepared for the growth and increasing quality of the nation’s youth players.
- Continue to support the tremendous growth in the youth soccer talent pool through the growth of The ECNL Regional Leagues, now providing a proving ground for more than 1,000 teams and nearly 20,000 players to reach their potential.
- Continue to support a philosophy of holistic development and personal development programs that create game-changers who live well, long after cleats are unlaced.
The ECNL has an unparalleled record of alumni success with staggering numbers progressing on to college soccer, and stars dominating the field from college, to national and professional teams across the globe. This is just the beginning.
About the ECNL:
The ECNL is the nation’s leading youth soccer development platform. The ECNL respects and celebrates the unique individuality of every youth soccer player and club, supporting and enabling them to unleash their unfettered passion and fierce tenacity in striving to achieve their potential.
The ECNL mission to Raise the Game is a total commitment to create the best possible environment for players, coaches, referees and administrators, with a determination to constantly question convention and challenge the status quo in youth sports.
The ECNL Commitment:
We will lead, set our eyes on new horizons, and pursue them relentlessly.
Girls FB: /theECNL | Girls IG: @theECNL | Girls TW: @theECNL
Boys FB: /ECNLBoys | Boys IG: @ECNLBoys | Boys TW: @ECNLBoys